Hi @LiquidThinker! Kicking off our Q&A with you, how important do you think authenticity is when leading change?
When facing change, the 2 attributes which people demand from leaders are:
1. Transparency: tell me what you stand for.
2. Consistency: apply it.
This creates trust and safety, 2 essential factors to successful change.
Good afternoon @LiquidThinker! The second question for our Q&A is: What are the 'must includes' when communicating vision & change?
There are 5 STEPS to creating a compelling vision:
S: simplicity – the one most important point.
T: asking questions and getting people to think.
E: emotional intelligence.
P: practical and accessible. No jargon.
S: stories which capture the required behaviours.
The third question for change expert @LiquidThinker is: What are the most important things for leaders to consider when their people say that they are 'overwhelmed' with/by change?
There are four things which leaders must do to stop others being overwhelmed by change:
1. Create a sense of belonging.
2. Ensure people feel psychologically safe.
3. Reinforce the value which people can offer.
4. Offer people real control and empowerment.
Today's question for best-selling author @LiquidThinker in the run-up to our Change Catalyst Leadership Programme is: What are the most common pitfalls for leaders during the implementation of change?
There are 3 traps:
1. Ego: creating a culture is about how people behave when you’re not there.
2. Complacency: assuming the creation of a high performing culture is done after a bit of success.
3. People first: people are your most important asset so prove it to them. Regularly.
And the final question before our Leadership Programme kicks off tomorrow with @LiquidThinker... What leaders inspire you the most?
Economists have estimated that a leader only really influences around 10% of a group’s performance. The leaders who inspire are those who role model the cultural behaviours and act through integrity. They maximise their 10% impact.