We see some fantastic presenters…and some awful ones (zZz)! It’s a crucial skill to master so we can connect effectively with our customers and our people.
In this blog post, we are sharing 7 of our top tips to help you present with passion, purpose and clarity…
- Establish your credibility and yourself as the authority on the subject. Explain why your audience should listen to, and believe in you! Complete this in no more than 3 sentences.
- Understand that by being prepared, you are complimenting your audience – effectively, you are saying to them, “you are important enough for me to have spent time preparing this”. Telling your audience that you have not had time to prepare is offensive, making you look lazy and unprofessional.
- If the unexpected happens and you find yourself having to wing it, then wing it – just don’t tell your audience – nobody knows apart from you! You won’t get sympathy and again you will just look unprofessional.
- Know that first impressions count. And that you never ever get the chance to make a first impression – make sure you drill your first lines so you can get off to a great start.
- Remember that your audience’s main thought is “What’s in this for me?” Set out to answer this in your introduction – you’ll have them on the edge of their seats.
- Don’t be scared of big groups, they are much less likely to challenge you than a small one, so be confident, smile and enjoy it!
- Break it up with a media clip – it grabs attention and gives you a break so you can gather your thoughts and prioritise the rest of your material.
Need some more tips or presentation coaching? Get in touch with our team on 02031377353 or email@example.com to find out how we can help.