Effective salespeople, regardless of their product or service, benefit from using a flexible and robust sales structure that they can build the most valuable sales techniques and behaviours around.
The Sales Training provides enough scope for individual styles of selling whilst still helping salespeople to remember the right steps in the right order. The Sales Cycle has been developed to apply in different sales scenarios; telephone sales (including inbound customer service), as well as field-based salespeople in face-to-face meetings. It is a simple yet effective 7 step process:
- Step 1 – Preparation How to plan ahead for great results through researching the customer, its people, the organisation, the business environment, and having clearly defined objectives.
- Step 2 – Make Contact What first impressions do you want to create and what’s best for your customer?
- Step 3 – Establish Needs A structured approach to asking open and probing questions will help to identify the customer’s needs whilst building the salesperson’s credibility in the customer’s eyes.
- Step 4 – Listen and Confirm Showing the customer that you have listened, genuinely understand their key requirements and can demonstrate empathy with the customer.
- Step 5 – Sell Showing the customer how your offer adds value and matches their needs. Nothing more and nothing less.
- Step 6 – Handle objections Objections can arise at any point in the Sales Cycle, so salespeople need to be armed with a technique to diffuse objections smoothly.
- Step 7 – Close The best closing is not pushy, it is simply finding the right way for the customer to agree on the next steps in moving forward with the sale.