Accelerating Diversity & Inclusion
with Hayley Barnard and Charlie Martin
Hayley will draw upon her experience of the best (and worst!) practice in Diversity & Inclusion across Europe and the States in her engaging and thought-provoking presentation. Topics covered will include:
- What is unconscious bias and how is it a barrier to inclusion?
- Actions we can take to outsmart bias on both a personal and leadership level
- The business case for diversity; Why mega trends in diversity of markets, talent, customers, risk and ideas require a collaborative and inclusive response.
- What does inclusive leadership look like? How to future proof your leadership.
- Practical tools to be more inclusive on your return to the office.
Hayley is an expert at making people think differently so that they WANT to take action to be more inclusive. Event organisers praise Hayley’s humour, conversational style and authenticity, so come prepared to be informed, entertained and challenged.
Charlie has a incredible & unique life story, which she shares with passion and up front honesty. Since realising she identified as transgender at a young age, she made her way into professional motorsport where she transitioned in one of the most male dominated environments imaginable. Since then she has become a campaigner for transgender rights, working with charities like Stonewall & Mermaids, and using her platform to empower LGBT visibility & acceptance in society. Topics covered will include:
- Sport and the LGBTQ+ community
- Challenging perceptions
- Championing inclusivity
- Improving Awareness
- Being your true authentic self
- Tenacity & Self-belief
Her goal is to create a global impact for her cause by making LGBT history as the first transgender driver at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
January 22, 2020
18:30 – 20:30
Plexal Park, Here East
Networking, presentation, Q&A, followed by drinks
Register your interest
*Please note that our events attract a big crowd and this will be no exception. Places are limited and therefore subject to availability, we cannot guarantee a place to everyone, but will notify successful applicants as soon as possible.